What is Ontrapalooza?
If you’re crazy like I am, and you drive your RV 4,360 miles to get to Santa Barbara and back for the Ontrapalooza conference… You get “camp-a-palooza”! But what is Ontrapalooza? It is the annual digital marketing summit hosted by our friends at Ontraport – our software of choice for digital marketing and business automation. This was my third year there and, wow, what an incredible event! For those of you that missed it, I will try to give you a high-level overview of what you missed. Let me know if you are interested in attending next year and I will keep you in the loop!!
This year we were lucky to have two of our clients attend the event with us! This made it super fun as we had much to talk about and could learn and bounce ideas off of each other. The Wild Fig dinner was rather fun too I might add!!
A new way to tell secrets
This year Landon Ray (CEO, Ontraport) announced a different approach to new feature releases. The past few years it has been part of the excitement at Ontrapalooza to hear about the unveiling of some new and exciting features on the platform. This has caused them to delay the release or race to get it ready for the exact date of ‘Palooza’. The new approach will be to recap what has been added and talk about what is coming next. This way, they can deliver new functionality as fast as it is ready and not delay. This was awesome news for me – a slow drip of exciting enhancements all year!
OK, now for the juicy stuff…
Campaigns – We have been using Ontraport Campaigns for a few months now since version 5 of the software came out. Some of our clients are here and some are still using the sequence model or a little of each. Campaigns bring a fantastic visual representation of the automated business and marketing systems we build for us and our clients. They have now added an embedded notes feature to help document what is happening in the flow of your campaign – like “here we are split testing green -vs- orange CTA buttons”.
So as if campaigns weren’t exciting enough… imagine if you could predict your traffic and how your paid ad budget could impact your business. Imagine that you could take your proven campaigns and apply some “what if I paid more” or “what if more leads converted here” type logic and see the results, BEFORE you made the investment or change??? Yup – you got it – they built that for us!! There is now an Ontraport Projection Mode of the campaign builder that allows you to change the counts throughout campaigns to see how it would affect your bottom line!!
More new stuff
There have been a couple additions to the platform, a couple of these were released while we were at Palooza…
- 15 Minute Automation Processing – The simple explanation of this is that you can now have automation steps happen every 15min instead of 30min. The larger explanation is to think about how much horsepower it takes to run every OP user’s automation – now think about running that twice as often?! Wow – that must’ve taken a few more cycles and memory!!
- $0 Coupon Codes – segment offers without affecting pricing, tag purchase type with a code…
- Subscription Invoices (receipts) – This was huge for us and a few of our clients! There was an issue where the system would only send a single receipt after signing up for a subscription (like weekly, monthly, whatever) – now the system can send a receipt every time a payment is made for the subscription!!
- Google Analytics eCommerce Tracking – ability to tie purchase tracking data to your google analytics account to enhance your total reporting.
Here is where we transition to the new way of delivering upgrade announcements. We heard about a few things on the radar to deliver throughout the next year…
- Automatic email tracking
- Grab URL variables automatically
- Time stamp fields – and relative waits
- Transaction data merge fields in webhooks
- New accounting system based on industry-standards
Drum roll please…………
- Ontrapages Version 3!! – This one is huge folks! We got to see a preview of the next version of the web page/landing page builder and it takes building sites to the next level. Customize your blocks and then build your page – for total control, and still mobile-friendly!! Amazing to see, and great to know they are listening to us!!
New Ontraport Weekly VLOG
Ontraport will be presenting a new weekly video blog on how Ontraport uses Ontraport. This should prove to be very exciting since they truly run their own software and some of us have learned some handy ways to leverage the platform because of this. Now the Ontraport team will be sharing some of their own secrets on how they use the awesome sauce, that is Ontraport, once a week!
Think about how these new features can help you and your business. If you have any questions as to how we could leverage some of these in your account let me know. Maybe you have been on the fence about stepping up your automation or digital marketing? Now is a great time to get started with Ontraport and Wild Fig Marketing. Click here to setup a time with me to discuss the new features and the whole platform and how it can help you and your business!!